Friday, June 16, 2006

Rain!

The drought will take the weekend off, it looks like. It is officially raining in Longview, TX. You can see the puddles on the flagstone patio.


It has rained once since we got home from Alaska, and that only a brief, hard thunderstorm that lasted 10 minutes. We got a quarter inch and were very lucky. My golf buddies in the eastern part of the county and western Harrison County didn't get enough to wet the sidewalks.

I took the day off from golf today after shooting a mediocre, but improving, 82 yesterday. Had a flat on the golf cart when we got home from lunch with PawPaw at Buckner's. I jacked up the cart, wiggled the tire back into place on the rim, and filled it with air. Managed to catch up with Eddie and Don on hole #3. We don't usually play in the afternoon due to the heat, but it was a few degrees cooler than normal the last couple of days. It was nice to play without dew on the grass to rob me of what little distance I can get from the roll.

Tomatoes are coming in. I am quite proud that the plants are so successful. The areas where they are planted were just grass when we moved in last October.





In the picture above, you can see a tomato plant in a white pot. It was planted at the same time as the ones planted in the flower bed. They were stunted due to a lack of water while we were gone to Alaska. I think I will try to nurse them along through the summer and hope for a fall crop.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Conduct said...

Wow! It looks fabulous! Ohhh, I'm SO jealous of your worm poop.

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home