Monday, June 12, 2006

Probably Getting Hit by a Truck

I went to Dr. Smith for the annual checkup today, and I am in such good health, I'm probably going to get run over by a truck. I hope for Sweety's sake it's a Exxon/Mobil truck.

My doc is the greatest. He said my good cholesterol was a tiny bit low, and the best way to raise it is to drink one ounce of alcohol at bedtime or have a glass of wine with supper. Red wine would be best, but grape juice will take care of the red part if I don't like red wine.

How good is that? The only thing better would be if he had said follow that drink with a french fry chaser.

Oh, yeah. He said getting more exercise would help also.

Guess I'll park across the street from the liquor store. That'll take care of the alcohol, the exercise, and give the Exxon truck one more shot at me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Conduct said...

At least trucks aren't high-pitched like mom's voice, so maybe you'll hear it coming. :)

2:36 PM  
Blogger What Was I Thinkin'? said...

On the local news today, there is some guy who converted his 1990 Ford pickup to electricity by removing his internal combustion engine and installing an electric motor and 9 12-volt car batteries.

It'll probably be him.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home