Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Welcome to the Conch Republic


We arrived in Key West about 5 p.m. local time. This is definitely a free spirited place. They actually declared their independence from the U.S. sometime ago. I'll have to get back to you with details.
We walked up the main drag doing a little window shopping and getting the lay of the land.

We had nachos and refreshments at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville. Pretty tasty, and a recorded video concert by the Parrot Head himself was showing on a giant screen. Fun!

Home in time to see Idol and Dancing with the Stars.

That's it. Goodnight, John Boy.

I persuaded Jay to let me add some sometimes. It will surprise no one that I went shopping at Chico's. I had a birthday discount card and the shirt was also on sale. Really cute sunglasses that have reading correction in them were my other purchase. LOTS of tourist stuff
We prowled Duval Street which is like Main street. More tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home